The Kenya National Commission on Human Rights is an independent National Human Rights Institution
established through the Kenya National Commission on Human Rights Act, 2002. It is the State’s lead
agency in the promotion and protection of human rights. The Commission fulfills its human rights
mandate through a number of strategies, including policy, Research & Legislation, Human Rights
Education, Complains & Investigations and exercise of quasi-judicial powers. The Commission’s main
office is in Nairobi and currently it has two regional offices offices in Wajir and Kitale. Interns may serve
in the Regional Offices or the Head Office.
The Commission is inviting applications for the following internship position:-
1. Resource Center/Library Internship
Reports to: Head of Research & Legislation
Location: Head Office, with occasional travel to regional offices
Duties and Responsibilities of Resource Centre/Library Internship
1. Assist in maintaining an effective book borrowing/loan process.
2. Assist in maintaining library book stock and keeping records of Commission publications.
3. Assist in the development of long term library strategies and technological integration.
4. Assist in developing and maintaining a classification system.
5. Assist in developing a cataloguing and indexing systems.
6. Assist in sourcing of books and publications
7. Renewal of Commission book/newspapers subscriptions
8. Performing such other duties as may be designed from time to time.
Skills & Competencies
1. Self motivated, detail-oriented and organized
2. Some experience in an effective manning a resource centre
3. Excellent Communication (Oral & Written), interpersonal, Organizational and Team Player
4. Computer/ICT knowledge
1. Bachelors Degree in Information Sciences/Resource Center/Library Studies
2. Any other internship exposure is an added advantage.
If you posses the above qualities please send you application, together with a detailed C.V, a daytime
telephone contact, and names and telephone contacts of three referees by 10th June, 2011 to
Please indicate the subject to be internship-Resource Centre/ICT
The Commission Secretary
Kenya National Commission on Human Rights
Lenana Road, CVS Plaza, 1st floor
P O Box 74359-00200
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted