UNITED NATIONS POPULATION FUND SOMALIA
WEB DESIGNER, UNFPA SOMALIA WEB SITE DEVELOPMENT AND DESIGN
Type of Contract: SSA
Period: 2 months
Duty Station: Nairobi, Kenya
Date of Issue: 16 September 2011
Closing Date: 30 September 2011
The United Nations Population Fund is an international development agency that promotes the right of every
woman, man and child to enjoy a life of health and equal opportunity.
UNFPA supports countries in using population data for policies and programmes to reduce poverty and to
ensure that every pregnancy is wanted, every birth is safe, every young person is free of HIV/AIDS, and every
girl and woman is treated with dignity and respect.
Purpose of the Post
The present Terms of Reference aims to provide a framework for development of the UNFPA Somalia Country
Office official website.
The website is expected to adhere to UNFPA branding guidelines and design approaches employed in UNFPA
global web site (www.unfpa.org).
It should be user-friendly, with smooth navigation and modern content management system, and serve as a
working tool for UNFPA Somalia and an information resource for its partners and general public, about UNFPA
in general and UNFPA Somalia in particular.
Duties and Responsibilities
Under the overall guidance of the UNFPA Officer-In-Charge and direct supervision of the Communications Focal
Point, the Consultant will:
• Ensure that before the end of the consultancy UNFPA Somalia Country Office website is fully
• Ensure UNFPA Somalia staff is trained in management of the web site.
Qualifications and Experience
• 3 - 5 years of relevant work experience in IT sector and/or web developing (experience with other
international organizations is an asset);
knowledge of web design (knowledge of modern CMS platforms such as Jahia, Joomla, Drupal is an
• Proven experience in web development field, solid portfolio of accomplished web projects;
• Good communication skills
• Fluency in written and spoken English as well as fluency in Somali.
• Familiarity with UN development programmes and working methods, and particularly with UNFPA
policies and procedures;
Applications with a current CV and P11 (www.escwa.un.org/main/vacancies/P_11.doc) marked: – Web
Designer” should be forwarded to email address: email@example.com
UNFPA will only be able to respond to those applications in which there is further interest.